Hi-Tech delivers Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) services to simulate fluid flow within the separators as well as track the movement of gas/liquid and liquid/liquid interfaces, gas bubbles, oil droplets and solid particles using advanced multiphase models. Our solutions allow designers to enhance separator vessel performance without the need for extensive physical testing.
Hi-Tech’s expertise in Separator Analysis:
Flow distribution is a critical factor in all of the separation processes, whether gas/liquid, liquid/liquid or gas/liquid/liquid or gas/gas/liquid. As such, our CFD solutions are aimed to study the influence of separator inlets, internal and outlets along with sloshing in separator vessels mounted on floating platforms and its effects on separation.
Our major CFD analyses for separators include:
- Vortex Analysis
- Pressure Drop Analysis
- Particle Tracking Analysis
- Flow Separation Analysis
Our team of expert CFD analysts solves issues pertaining to oil field problems in separators and aid in the development of new products, optimization of vessel design, understanding the underperformance of existing separators, evaluating performance improvements by installing retrofits or internals such as vane packs, surge rings, weir plates and baffles.
Our key performance studies on separators include:
- Fluid sloshing and drag coefficient
- Relative place of separators on ships
- Design optimization reducing size and weight
- Interface tracking in multiphase separators
- Tracking velocity vectors for redesign of nozzles
- Flow of gas and liquid in cyclonic separators
- Turbulence and recirculation path analysis
- Hydro cyclones, inline equipment, de-sanding and manifolds analysis
- Analyzing the sloshing and placement of baffle, perforated plates
Hi-Tech’s Software Capabilities: